Botanical Name: Artemisiae argyi folium
Category: Stop Bleeding
Taste: Bitter, Acrid
Channels Entered: Spleen, Kidney, Liver
- Dispels cold-dampness
- Stops pain due to cold
- Warms and stops bleeding due to cold
- Calms the fetus during pregnancy
Cautions & Contraindications:
- Use with caution in those with heat from yin deficiency.
Actions & Indications:
- Warms the Womb and stops bleeding: for prolonged menstrual bleeding and uterine bleeding due to cold from deficiency. Because it calms the fetus it is used for restless fetus, lower abdominal pain, and vaginal bleeding, as in threatened miscarriage. Also used for infertility due to cold Womb.
- Disperses cold and alleviates pain: for cold abdominal pain, especially menstrual pain.
- Eliminates dampness and stops itching: decocted and applied as an external wash for a variety of skin problems marked by dampness and itching.