Botanical Name: Ginkgo Semen
Category: Stabilize & Bind
Taste: Sweet, Bitter, Astringent, Slightly Toxic
Channels Entered: Kidney, Lung
Key Characteristics: Treats phlegm-heat cough and wheezing, and eliminates turbid damp vaginal discharge.
Cautions & Contraindications:
- Contraindicated in patterns of excess.
- Use with caution where there is viscous sputum that is difficult to expectorate.
- Due to its slight toxicity it should not be taken in large quantities or long term.
Actions & Indications:
- Preserves the Lungs and arrests wheezing: for wheezing with coughing. Especially useful for chronic coughs or those with copious sputum.
- Eliminates dampness, stops discharge, and contains the urine: for vaginal discharge and turbid urine. Used both in cases of deficiency and damp-heat.