Botanical Name: Bletillae Rhizoma
Category: Stop Bleeding
Taste: Bitter, Sweet
Channels Entered: Lung, Stomach, Liver
- Restrains to stop bleeding (from Lung & Stomach)
- Reduces swelling
- Generates flesh (of Lung & Stomach)
Cautions & Contraindications:
- As an astringent, sticky substance, it should be used with caution whenever there is coughing of blood due to externally-contracted disease, early stage Lung abscess, or the involvement of excessive heat or fire toxin.
Actions & Indications:
- Restrains leakage of blood and stops bleeding: mainly for bleeding from the LU and ST, which includes vomiting blood, coughing of blood, and nosebleed. Also for bleeding associated with traumatic injury, usually applied locally.
- Reduces swelling and generates flesh: applied topically for sores, ulcers, and chapped skin. It can be used whether or not the sore has ulcerated, as it reduces the swelling of sores and helps accelerate the healing of ulcers. Especially useful for chronic, non-healing ulcers.