Botanical Name: Imperatae Rhizoma
Category: Stop Bleeding
Channels Entered: Lung, Stomach, Small Intestine, Bladder
- Cools the blood
- Stops bleeding
- Clears heat in the Lungs and Stomach
- Promotes urination
- Clears latent damp and heat through urination
Cautions & Contraindications:
- Use with caution in those with cold from deficiency of the Spleen and Stomach.
Actions & Indications:
- Cools the blood and stops bleeding: for the chaotic movement of hot blood with such symptoms as nosebleed, vomiting blood, coughing of blood, and blood in the urine.
- Clears heat and promotes urination: for hot painful urinary dribbling and other heat patterns with edema and urinary difficulty.
- Clears heat from the Stomach and Lungs: for nausea and thirst due to Stomach heat, or wheezing due to Lung heat.