Botanical Name: Platycladi Semen
Category: Nourish the Heart and Calm the Spirit
Channels Entered: Heart, Kidney, Large Intestine
- Nourishes the Heart blood and yin to calm the spirit
- Moistens the Kidneys and Large Intestine
- Cautions & Contraindications:
- Contraindicated in those with loose stools or phlegm disorders.
Actions & Indications:
- Nourishes the Heart and calms the spirit: for irritability, forgetfulness, and palpitations with anxiety due to Heart yin deficiency and insufficient blood. Also used for night terrors in children as a stand-alone herb in powder form.
- Moistens the Intestines and unblocks the bowels: for constipation in the elderly, debilitated, and postpartum women due to blood or yin deficiency.
- Also used for nightsweats due to yin deficiency.