Category: Warm, Acrid Herbs that Release ExteriorTaste: Bitter, Sweet, Toxic Temperature: Warm
Channels Entered: Lung
Cautions & Contraindications:
- Overdosage can lead to vomiting, abdominal pain, and diarrhea. Several materia medica texts discourage the eating of pork while taking this herb.
Actions & Indications:
- Disperses wind and dampness and opens the nasal passages: for any nasal or sinus problem with a thick, viscous discharge and related headache. One of the main herbs for deep-source nasal congestion with headache, thick nasal discharge, and a loss of smell.
- Disperses wind and dispels dampness: for wind-damp painful obstruction or skin disorders with itching.
- Dispels exterior wind: as an auxiliary herb for exterior disorders with a splitting headache that radiates at the back of the neck.
- Xi Xin, Bai Zhi: sinusitis