Category: Extinguish Wind and Stop TremorsTaste: Acrid, Bitter Temperature: Neutral Channels Entered: Liver
- Expels wind
- Brightens the eyes
- Calms ascendant Liver yang
- Stops itching
- Breaks up stagnation of qi and blood
Cautions & Contraindications:
- Use with caution during pregnancy.
- Use with caution in cases of qi or blood deficiency.
Actions & Indications:
- Calms the Liver and anchors the yang: for headache, vertigo, or dizziness from ascendant Liver yang.
- Dredges the Liver qi to smooth its flow while dispersing constraint and clumping: for pain and distension in the chest or flanks, irregular menstruation, or insufficient lactation from constrained Liver qi.
- Dispels wind-heat and brightens the eyes: for red, swollen, and painful eyes as well as increased tearing.
- Dispels wind and stops itching: for any kind of skin lesion with significant itching, such as hives. Also used for vitiligo, sometimes as a stand-along herb.