Anchor, Settle & Calm the SpiritTaste: Acrid, Salty Temperature: Cold Channels Entered: Kidney, Liver
- Sedates and calms the spirit
- Weighs down the yang while nourishing the true yin
- Improves acuity of hearing and vision
Cautions & Contraindications:
- Use with caution in cases of weak Spleen or Stomach.
Actions & Indications:
- Anchors and calms the spirit: for restlessness, palpitations, insomnia, or tremors, especially in patients with yin deficiency and ascendant yang. Particularly useful when Kidney deficiency leads to upward blazing of Liver fire that deranges and disturbs the Heart spirit. Also used for dizziness or vertigo in patients with similar patterns, or convulsions in children caused by shock.
- Nourishes the Kidneys, augments the Liver, and improves hearing and vision: for impaired hearing or deafness, tinnitus, or visual disturbances due to Liver and Kidney deficiency.
- Aids the Kidneys in grasping the qi: for chronic asthma due to failure of the Kidneys to grasp the qi.