Botanical Name: Jujubae Fructus
English: Chinese Date
Category: Tonify the Qi
Channels Entered: Spleen, Stomach
Dosage: 3-12 pieces or 10-30g
Key Characteristics: Tonifies the qi and blood, generates fluids, harmonizes the Spleen, and moderates the toxic effects of other herbs.
Cautions & Contraindications:
- Contraindicated when there is heat from excess, damp-heat, or phlegm-heat.
- Use with caution in cases of abundant dampness or qi stagnation.
Actions & Indications:
- Tonifies the Spleen and augments the qi: for weakness, shortness of breath, lassitude, reduced appetite, and loose stools due to Spleen and Stomach deficiency. Can be prepared in rice or millet congee for this purpose.
- Nourishes the blood and calms the spirit: for the wan appearance, irritability, and severe emotional lability associated with restless organ disorder.
- Moderates and harmonizes the harsh properties of other herbs.