Angelica pubescentis Radix
Category: Dispel Wind-DampTaste: acrid, bitter Temperature: warm Channels entered: Kidney, Bladder
Cautions and Contraindications:
- This herb is drying and readily injures the yin. Should be used with caution in those with deficiency of yin or blood.
- Should not be used in patients with internal wind.
Actions and Indications:
- Dispels wind-damp and alleviates pain: For wind-cold-damp painful obstruction, especially in the lower back and legs. Can be used in both acute and chronic conditions.
- Disperses wind-cold damp and releases the exterior: Treats exterior wind cold with dampness as well as wind-cold damp in the joints.
- Relieves shaoyin channel disorders: Treats disorders in the shaoyin chanel, particularly kidney channel headache and toothache.