Category: Cool, Acrid Release the ExteriorTaste: Sweet, Acrid Temperature: Cool Channels: Stomach, Spleen
Cautions & Contraindications:
Actions & Indications:
- Discharges exterior conditions and releases the muscles: for exterior disorders lodged in the muscles manifesting in fever, headache, and stiff or thight upper back and neck.
- Relieves heat and generates fluids: for thirst due to Stomach heat. Especially appropriate in cases of externallly contracted heat.
- Vents and discharges measles: to hasten recovery from measles with incomplete expression of the rash.
- Relieves heat and generates fluids: for irritability and thirst from externally contracted heat or wasting and thirsting disease with internal heat.
- Raises the yang and stops diarrhea: for diarrhea or dysentric disorders due to heat. Can also be used for diarrhea due to Spleen deficiency, when combined with appropriate herbs.
- Treats symptoms of hypertension: this herb has recently been used to treat the headache, dizziness, tinnitus, or paresthesias that can accompany hypertension.