Anchor, Settle & Calm the SpiritTaste: Sweet Temperature: Neutral Channels Entered: Bladder, Heart, Liver
Dosage: 1.5-3g; do not decoct or calcine
- Settles and calms the spirit
- Unblocks blood stagnation
- Facilitates urination
Cautions & Contraindications:
- Contraindicated in cases of yin deficiency with heat signs.
Actions & Indications:
- Arrests tremors and palpitations and calms the spirit: for palpitations with anxiety, excessive dreams, insomnia, forgetfulness, anxiety, and seizures due to disturbance of the spirit. Also used for childhood convulsions and seizures.
- Invigorates the blood, dissipates stasis, and unblocks the menses: for amenorrhea or pain associated with palpable fixed masses due to blood stasis. Can be used alone for this purpose. Also recently used in treating coronary artery disease.
- Promotes urination and unblocks painful urinary dribbling: for urinary retention or painful urinary dribbling, especially with bloody urine.
- Reduces swelling and promotes healing: topically applied for sores, carbuncles, and ulcerations of the skin. Also for swelling and pain in the area of the scrotum or vulva.