Category: Clear Heat and Dry DampTaste: bitter Temperature: cold
Channels Entered: Heart, Large Intestine, Liver, Stomach
Cautions and Contraindications:
- Should be used with caution in those with patterns of cold, yang deficiency, or yin deficiency, especially of the Spleen and Stomach.
Actions and Indications:
- Clears heat and drains dampness: for damp-heat in the stomach or intestines with diarrhea or dysenteric disorder. Also for vomiting or acid regurgitation from stomach heat.
- Drains fire and resolves fire toxicity: for heat with blazing fire with such symptoms as high fever, irritability, disorientation, delirium, red tongue, and a rapid full pulse. Also for heat from excess with toxicity with such symptoms as painful red eyes and sore throat, and for boils, carbuncles, and abscesses.
- Clears heat and stops bleeding: for nosebleed, or blood in the urine, stool, or vomit due to chaotic movement of hot blood.
- Clears heat topically: used for red and painful eyes and ulcerations of the tongue and mouth.