Category: Extinguish Wind and Stop TremorsTaste: Salty Temperature: Cold Channels Entered: Heart, Liver
Dosage: 1-3g decocted by itself for at least 2 hours or 0.3-0.6g ground into a powder
- Calms the Liver
- Extinguishes wind
- Cools heat
- Resolves toxicity
- Especially indicated for extreme heat leading to stirring of internal wind
Cautions & Contraindications:
- Contraindicated in those with chronic convulsions from Spleen deficiency.
Actions & Indications:
- Drains Liver heat, calms the Liver, extinguishes wind and controls spasms and convulsions: for childhood convulsions and seizure disorders as well as stubborn high fevers and internal stirring of wind due to intense heat. It is an important substance for treating internal stirring of Liver wind. Commonly used for childhood convulsions due to high fever.
- Calms the Liver and anchors the yang: an important and effective substance for ascendant Liver yang with such symptoms as dizziness, vertigo, irritability and restlessness, and splitting headaches. Can be used as part of a formula to treat hypertension.
- Clears the Liver and improves vision: for headache, red and swollen eyes, or photophobia due to blazing Liver fire.
- Drains heat and resolves fire toxicity: for warm-heat pathogen diseases with high fever, delirium, manic behavior, and, in extreme cases, loss of consciousness. This pattern is called heat in the Pericardium.
- Clears damp-heat: also used for wind-damp-heat painful obstruction.