Category: Clear Heat from DeficiencyTaste: Bitter Temperature: Cold Channels Entered: Kidney, Liver, Gallbladder
Cautions and Contraindications:
- Contraindicated in those with weak digestion or watery diarrhea.
Actions and Indications:
- Clears summerheat: especially for summerheat with low fever, headache, dizziness, and a stifling sensation in the chest.
- Clears fever from deficiency: for fevers from either blood deficiency or as the sequalae of a febrile disease. Especially useful when steaming bone patterns are marked by an absence of sweating.
- Clears heat and stops bleeding: for purpuric rashes or nosebleed due to heat in the blood.
- Checks malarial disorders and resolves heat: for the alternating fever and chills of malarial disorders.