Category: Cool, Acrid Release the ExteriorTaste: Bitter, Sweet Temperature: Cold Channels Entered: Lung, Liver
Cautions & Contraindications:
Actions & Indications:
- Disperses and scatters wind-heat: for externally-contracted wind-heat with fever, headache, sore throat, and coughing.
- Calms the Liver and clears the eyes: for eye problems due to Liver heat from excess, wind-heat, or yin deficiency. Also for vertigo due to ascendant Liver yang. Common symptoms include red, sore, dry or painful eyes, or spots in front of the eyes.
- Clears the Lungs and moistens dryness: for Lung dryness with cough, and dry mouth or Lung heat with thick, yellow sputum.
- Cools the blood and stops bleeding: for mild cases of vomiting of blood due to heat in the blood.
- Ju Hua: fever, headache, sore throat, red swollen eyes.
- Xing Ren: cough.
- Sang Ju Yin