Aromatic Open the OrificesTaste: Acrid, Bitter, Aromatic Temperature: Warm Channels Entered: Heart, Stomach
Cautions & Contraindications:
- Use with caution in cases of yin deficiency with heat signs, or where there is irritability and excessive sweating, vomiting blood, or spermatorrhea.
- Overdoseage or long-term use should be avoided.
Actions & Indications:
- Opens the orifices, dislodges phlegm, removes filth, and quiets the spirit: for phlegm-dampness veiling and blocking the sensory orifices with such symptoms as deafness, dizziness, forgetfulness, a dulled sensorium, as well as seizures or stupor.
- Transforms turbid dampness, awakens the Spleen, and promotes movement of qi: for such symptoms as chest and epigastric fullness and abdominal distention and pain due to dampness and turbidity obstructing the middle burner.
- Promotes blood flow and reduces swelling: used both internally and topically for wind-damp-cold painful obstruction, trauma, and sores.