Meeting of Hearing
Location: In the hollow between the intertragic notch posteriorly and the condyloid process of the mandible anteriorly. Locate this point with the mouth wide open.
Actions & Indications:
- Benefits the ears, eliminates wind, and clears heat
- Activates the channel and alleviates pain
- Tinnitus, deafness, redness, swelling, pain and purulent discharge from the ear, itching of the ear, mumps, windstroke, and disorientation.
- Toothache, deviation of the mouth and eyes, pain of the mandibular joint, dislocation of the jaw, and difficulty in masticating.
- There are three points anterior to the tragus of the ear, Tinghui GB2 inferiorly, Ermen SJ21 superiorly, and Tonggong SI19 in the center. All are used frequently for a variety of ear disorders, including tinnitus, deafness, pain, itching, and discharge. These points have very close proximity and similar indications, making it difficult to differentiate between them clinically. If it is necessary to needle points around the ear regularly, then these points should be alternated.
- TInghui GB2 is also able to eliminate wind and activate the channel in the region, thus able to treat deviation of the mouth and eyes, mumps, toothache, difficult mastication, and other jaw disorders.