Anchor, Settle & Calm the SpiritTaste: Sweet, Salty Temperature: Cold Channels Entered: Heart, Liver
- Quiets the spirit
- Nourishes the yin
- Cools Liver heat
- Calms ascendant Liver yang
- Brightens the eyes
Cautions & Contraindications:
- Use with caution during pregnancy.
Actions & Indications:
- Sedates the Heart and settles tremors and palpitations: for palpitations, childhood convulsions, and seizures. Also used for disharmony of the Heart and spirit wherein the patient is easily frightened or angered.
- Clears the Liver and eliminates superficial visual obstructions: for blurred vision due to pterygium or other superficial disorders of the eyes. Often used topically as a powder.
- Promotes healing and generates flesh: used topically as a powder for chronic, nonhealing ulcers or macerated areas (usually throat or gums).