Anchor, Settle & Calm the SpiritTaste: Sweet Temperature: Warm Channels Entered: Heart, Liver
- Calms the spirit
- Nourishes Liver blood
- Warms the Penetrating vessel, Conception vessel, and Womb
Cautions & Contraindications:
- Contraindicated in those with fire from yin deficiency.
Actions & Indications:
- Sedates the Heart and settles tremors and palpitations: for disorientation, insomnia, palpitations with anxiety, or convulsions due to either Heart blood deficiency or ascendant Liver yang.
- Warms the Lungs and directs the qi downward: for cough or wheezing due to cold from deficiency of the Lungs. Used for wheezing with copious sputum.
- Warms the Womb while warming and unblocking the Penetrating and Conception vessels: for excessive menstruation, uterine bleeding, or infertility due to cold from deficiency of the Womb.