Harmonize the Stomach & Intestines
Kampo Name: Kanzoshashinto
Actions: Harmonizes the Stomach, directs rebellious qi downward, disperses clumping, and eliminates focal distention.
- Focal distention due to improper purging of an exterior or half-exterior, half-interior condition in a patient with underlying Stomach deficiency (more severe deficiency than with Ban Xia Xie Xin Tang).
- Spleen and Stomach deficiency with Heat.
Pathology: Symptoms of Heat in the chest due to Heat in the Small Intestine. Cold causes blockage in the Stomach and Large Intestine with epigastric focal distention. Heat in the chest causes insomnia, irritability, choking sensation in the throat, discomfort in the rectal area, and mental instability.
|Da Zao||12 pieces|
Indications: Epigastric focal distention, fullness and tightness with very slight or no pain, dry heaves or frank vomiting, borborygmus with diarrhea, reduced appetite.
Tongue: a thin, yellow, and greasy tongue coating
Pulse: wiry, rapid. Left cun and right guan are deficient with pressure.
Abdomen: epigastric distention. A feeling of heat below the Heart.
- Xiao Jian Zhong Tang treats lack of fluid and SP/ST deficiency leading to heat in Stomach and Intestines.
- SP/ST deficiency with Heat: PC7, SP3
- Mental problems: PC6, SP4
- Discomfort in rectal area: PC5, SP5