Drive Out Stasis from the Lower Abdomen Decoction
Promote the Movement of Qi
Actions: Invigorates the Blood, dispels Blood Stasis, warms the menses, alleviates pain.
Pattern: Cold-induced Blood Stasis accumulation in the lower abdomen.
|Xiao Hui Xiang||1.5g|
|Yan Hu Suo||3g|
|Wu Ling Zhi||6g|
Indications: Palpable masses in the lower abdomen, lower abdominal pain or distention that intensifies with the onset of menstruation, dark menstrual blood with clots, backache.
Pulse: Deep and tight or rough, forceful.
Tongue: Dark body, stasis spots, distended sublingual veins, white coating.
Hara: Pain on palpation in the lower abdomen, palpable masses in the lower abdomen.
Cautions & Contraindications:
- Deficiency patterns
- Irregular periods or Blood Stasis due to Heat
- For amenorrhea or dysmenorrhea with constipation: add Da Huang and Mang Xiao.
- For continuous and incessant menstrual bleeding due to Heat: add Huang Qin and Huang Lian.
Western Medical Conditions:
- Shaofu Zhuyu decoction ameliorates obesity-mediated hepatic steatosis and systemic inflammation by regulating metabolic pathways.
- Herbal medicine (Shaofu Zhuyu decoction) for treating primary dysmenorrhea: A systematic review of randomized clinical trials.
- Evaluation of the analgesic activities of the crude aqueous extract and fractions of Shao Fu Zhu Yu decoction.
- Effects of Shao-Fu-Zhu-Yu–Tang on motility of human sperm.