Category: Cool & Tranform Phlegm-HeatTaste: sweet, salty Temperature: cold Channels: Lung, Large Intestine, Stomach
Cautions & Contraindications:
- Contraindicated in those with a weak, deficient Spleen and either nausea or loose stools.
Actions & Indications:
- Clears and transforms phlegm-heat cough: Both cools and moistens. Especially useful for cough with chest pain and thick, difficult-to-expectorate sputum.
- Expands the chest: for accumulation of phlegm in the chest leading to a stifling sensation, pain or diaphragmatic pressure.
- Moistens the Intestines: for dry constipation, especially when it appears in a pattern of Lung heat with dry mouth, thirst, and irritability.
- Promotes healing of sores: used adjunctively for breast abscess and swelling as well as sores that have not yet suppurated.