Botanical Name: Agrimoniae Herba
Category: Stop Bleeding
Taste: Astringent, Bitter
Channels Entered: Lung, Spleen, Liver
- Binds and inhibits bleeding (internal & external)
- Restrains diarrhea
- Kills Parasites
Cautions & Contraindications:
- As an astringent, binding herb, it is appropriate for chronic forms of diarrhea, but not those with active pathogens.
Actions & Indications:
- Restrains leakage of blood and stops bleeding: widely used for various types of bleeding such as vomiting blood, coughing blood, nosebleed, bleeding gums, blood in the urine, or uterine bleeding. Depending on its particular combination with other herbs, it can be used for bleeding due to heat, cold, excess, or xu.
- Alleviates diarrhea and dysenteric disorders: for chronic problems, as this herb has a restraining nature.
- Kills parasites: for trichomonas vaginitis and tapeworm, as well as malarial disorders. Used topically for trichomonas vaginitis.