Clear Hear, Resolve ToxicityTaste: Sour Temperature: Cool Channels: Large Intestine, Liver
Cautions & Contraindications:
- Contraindicated during pregnancy.
Actions & Indications:
- Resolves fire toxicity and cools the blood: for damp-heat or fire toxin dysenteric disorders. Also for bloody or hot painful urinary dribbling. At present, primarily used for bacillary dysentery with incomplete bowel movements.
- Clears damp-heat and treats sores: primarily for fire toxin carbuncles or sores, as well as red-and-white vaginal discharge. For these purposes it is applied topically and taken internally. Often the fresh herb is used.
- Also used as an antidote for the pain and swelling of wasp stings and snakebite.
- Stops bleeding and ublocks painful urinary dribbling: for uterine bleeding (especially postpartum), painful bloody urinary dribbling, and hot painful urinary dribbling.