Category: Aromatic Transform DampnessTaste: Acrid, Aromatic Temperature: Warm Channels: Stomach, Spleen
Cautions & Contraindications:
- Do not use in cases of heat from yin deficiency.
Actions & Indications:
- Promotes the movement of qi, transforms dampness, and strengthens the Spleen: for qi stagnation affecting the Spleen and Stomach or symptoms of obstruction by dampness. Symptoms include distention and pain in the epigastrium and abdomen, lack of appetite, vomiting and diarrhea.
- Warms the middle and stops diarrhea: for diarrhea from Spleen cold.
- Calms the fetus: for morning sickness or restless fetus.
- Also used in herbal prescriptions with tonifying herbs to prevent them from causing stagnation.