Category: Herb that Clear HeatTaste: Sweet, Acrid Temperature: Very Cold Channels: Lung, Stomach
Cautions & Contraindications:
- Contraindicated in cases of cold from deficiency of the Spleen and Stomach.
- Contraindicated in cases of fever from yin deficiency.
Actions & Indications:
Clears heat and drains fire: for high fever without chills, irritability, intense thirst, profuse sweating, a flooding, big pulse, and a red tongue with yellow coating. This condition is one of excess in the qi level or yang ming.
- Clears heat from excess from the Lungs: for cough and wheezing with fever and thick, viscous sputum.
- Clears blazing Stomach fire: for headache, toothache, or swollen and painful gums due to Stomach fire.
- For eczema, burns, and ulcerated sores: usually applied topically in powdered form after being calcined and mixed with other herbs. May also be taken internally for these conditions.
- Bai Hu Tang
- Ma Xing Shi Gan Tang