Botanical Name: Scolopendra
Category: Extinguish Wind and Stop TremorsTaste: Acrid Temperature: Warm Channels Entered: Liver
Dosage: 1-3g in decoctions; 0.6-1g when powdered and swallowed.
- Extinguishes wind
- Stops spasms, seizures, and convulsions
Cautions & Contraindications:
- This substance is toxic, and should always be used with caution, and never in too large a dosage.
- Contraindicated during pregnancy.
Actions & Indications:
- Extinguishes wind and stops spasms and convulsions: for acute and chronic childhood convulsions, opisthotonos, lockjaw, and seizures.
- Attacks toxin and dissipates nodules: used topically for toxic nodules in general including sores, carbuncles, and neck lumps. Also used for poisonous snakebite.
- Unblocks the collaterals and stops pain: for stubborn headaches (including migraines) and painful obstruction.