Botanical Name: Polygoni multiflori Caulis
Category: Nourish the Heart and Calm the Spirit
Channels Entered: Heart, Liver
- Nourishes the Heart (yin & blood)
- Calms the spirit (especially for dream disturbed sleep)
- Unblocks the collaterals and nourishes blood (pain & numbness due to blood xu)
- Expels wind (itching)
Cautions & Contraindications:
- None noted.
Actions & Indications:
- Nourishes the Heart and blood and calms the spirit: for patterns of yin or blood deficiency with insomnia and irritability. Especially useful for dream-disturbed sleep.
- Nourishes the blood and unblocks the channels: for generalized weakness, soreness, pain, and numbness due to blood deficiency. Used as an auxiliary herb for painful obstruction.
- Alleviates itching: used as an external wash for itching and skin rashes.